Welcome to the ACT Human Rights Commission
The role of the ACT Human Rights Commission is to resolve complaints and promote rights. We:
- Provide an independent, fair and accessible process for resolving individual complaints;
- Promote service improvement;
- Promote the human rights and welfare of people; and
- Foster understanding of particular legislation.
The ACT Human Rights Commission includes:
- The Children & Young People Commissioner
- The Disability & Community Services Commissioner
- The Discrimination Commissioner
- The Health Services Commissioner
- The Human Rights Commissioner
We celebrate International Day of Tolerance by launching diversity.hrc.act.gov.au, a new campaign celebrating Canberra’s diversity.
In March 2015, the CYPC spoke with 81 Year 4 students from Ngunnawal Primary about their views on the environment. […]