What is a ‘service for older people’?
A service for older people is any service provided in the ACT specifically for older people or their carers.
Examples of services for older people include:
- retirement homes and residential aged care facilities;
- services that provide personal care;
- services that provide home help;
- services that provide home maintenance or modification;
- food services for older people and/or their carers;
- respite care services;
- transport for older people and/or their carers;
- services for assessment or referral;
- advocacy services;
- recreational programs;
- community access programs;
- rehabilitation services; and employment services.